Silica is a formulation of silicon derived from potassium silicate. It is designed as a foliar application to help increase wear tolerance and leaf blade rigidity for a more consistent playing surface.
Guaranteed AnalysisSoluble Potash (K2O)2.00%
ALSO CONTAINS NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
5% Silica (SiO2) derived from Potassium Silicate
- Increased wear tolerance during heavy play
- Upright growth produces a more uniform putting surface.
- Applicable for all high-traffic turf areas
- Increased green speed at higher mowing heights
- Promotes upright stand for improved mow-ability, “quality of cut”
- Increased rigidity and reduced grain for a more uniform putting surface
- Strengthened cell wall tissue
Sizes & Item Numbers
1 Gallon Jug – # 080-57676
Where to use
High Traffic Lawns
Greenhouse & Nursery
Silica (0-0-2) is a formulation of silicon derived from potassium silicate. It is used to increase the leaf strength and rigidity of turf.
Silica is designed for foliar application to help increase wear tolerance and playability. By strengthening cell wall tissue, Silica also promotes an upright stand for a more consistent cut and increased green speed at higher mowing heights. Increased leaf blade rigidity reduces grain for a more uniform putting surface and enhanced ball roll.
When added to the fertility program for greenhouse plants, potassium silicate has shown to reduce root rot, increase strength and improve post-harvest stress resistance.
- Heavy traffic resulting in reduced vigor
- Slow green speed
- Inconsistent playing surfaces
Silica (0-0-2) can be applied through fertigation or foliar spray. It can be applied alone or tank mixed with other products.✝ An application 0.1 oz. of BioPro Silica is equal to 43.95 ppm (parts per million) of Si02
Apply 0.1 oz. of Silica diluted in 1 gallon of water per 1,000 sq. ft. (4.4 oz. in 40 gallons of water per acre) bi-weekly or as needed.
✝ Compatibility: perform a standard jar test to check compatibility with other products before mixing.