Tuff Greens offers a unique solution of potassium, calcium, and silica, designed to promote green-speed, turf uniformity, wear tolerance, and stress resistance. Chelated iron is also included to maintain optimum color.
Tuff Greens™ (0-0-13)
Guaranteed AnalysisSoluble Potash (K2O)13.00%Calcium (Ca)1.30%Iron (Fe)0.50%0.50% Chelated Iron (Fe)
ALSO CONTAINS NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
5% Silica (SiO2) derived from Potassium Silicate
- Increases strength and resiliency of turf, especially under heavy play
- Reduces the severity of ball and spike marks
- Improves playability of golf greens (may increase green speed)
- Creates a more consistent surface
- Increases turf tolerance to multiple stresses
- Enhanced color without top growth
- Improves tolerance to temperature extremes
Labels & SDS
Sizes & Item Numbers
- 2.5 Gallon Jug – # 080-57502
Where to use
Golf Greens & Tees
High Traffic Lawns
Tuff Greens (0-0-13) is a unique blend of potassium, calcium, silica and iron formulated to create a more playable and stress resistant turf. Plants treated with Tuff Greens develop a compact, upright, and rigid growth habit which increases overall turf uniformity and resistance to wear.
Tuff Greens can reduce “grain” and minimize the severity of spike and ball marks on golf greens. It may also maintain favorable green speed at higher mowing heights. Tuff Greens is particularly effective when used on greens, tees, fairways and other high use turf areas prior to and during tournaments and other periods of heavy traffic.
Tuff Greens can also be used as part of a regular turf fertility program. On athletic turf it will help with wear tolerance and allow for truer ball roll. Tuff Greens will also help highly maintained lawns endure heavy traffic and wear.
- Reduced turf vigor due to heavy traffic or excessive wear
- Periods of heavy play such as tournaments
- Golf greens with sub-optimum ball-roll characteristics due to texture differences,“grain”, etc.
- Uneven turf
- Slow healing ball marks or spike mark
Tuff Greens can be applied through fertigation or foliar spray as part of a regular fertility program or as a supplement during periods of high traffic. It can be applied alone or tank mixed with other products.
Greens, Tees, Fairways, Sports Turf and Other High Traffic Turf:
Apply 3 to 6 oz. in 1 gallon of water per 1,000 sq. ft. of turf (1 to 2 gallons in 40 gallons of water per acre) every two weeks. To maximize performance rates may be split into weekly applications.
For Tournament Preparation:
Apply 3 oz. of Tuff Greens in 1 gallon of water per 1,000 sq. ft. (1 gallon in 40 gallons of water per acre) every week, beginning six weeks prior to the start of the event.
✝ Compatibility: perform a standard jar test to check compatibility with other products before mixing